Well, I have officially finished the first 7.5 hours of my 450 hour internship doing PR for the library, though nothing much happened today. Since it was the first day of classes, the CMC was busy with education students getting a head start on their projects for the semester. I, on the other hand, was busy at work doing preliminary research for the projects that I will be doing this semester.
I spent the first part of the morning working on the library book, since I decided I didn't like the layout I had done last year when I worked on it. After about an hour, I needed caffeine, so I headed toward the library coffee shop. But, when I came to the top of the stairs, I decided before getting my hot chocolate and bagel, I would stop by and see my good ole friends in Periodicals. It wasn't nearly as busy up there as it was down in the CMC, so we had a chance to catch up on things. When I looked at the clock, I realized that I had been upstairs for a good twenty minutes and decided I better head back downstairs and get working on the book. So, I said goodbye to Periodicals and headed down to the coffee shop where I did indeed get my bagel and hot chocolate. While I sipped my hot chocolate, I pondered the format of the library book, hoping something creative would spark from all the caffeine-induced nerve firings from my brain to my hands. I think I may have caught onto something, but only time will tell.
The morning seemed to go by slowly, but when I shifted gears and began research for some staff development articles and such, time seemed to fly. Noon was right around the corner and soon, I was having lunch at the Academic Forum with a colleague of mine. As fast as the latter part of the morning went, that's how slow lunch felt. I don't know why, but it seemed like an eternity between the time we arrived at the Forum and the time that we left; I guess I was just nervous about being late from lunch, though I don't know why.
After lunch, I headed back to the office for an afternoon of research and e-mail checking. I submitted November's Library Committee meeting minutes to the Dean and went back at the researching. I found many good sources of information, many handbooks and such, but without ready printer access, I had to take notes by hand, instead of my normal print everything out and highlight way of organizing and summarizing information.
Taking breaks every now and again to check up on my Facebook page became a real peacemaker. Because the office was so quiet, I needed a way to entertain myself, so checking Facebook and seeing how everyone's classes were going proved to be a good time.
The afternoon went by much quicker than the morning did and before I knew it, it was 4:30m which meant I could head on back to the dorm, though after working a full day, I still had some stuff of my own to do, so the "To-Do" list never ends for me.
Tomorrow is a new day and it will be interesting to see what happens.
Today's accomplishments
1.) catching up on the Library book
2.) beginning research on disabilities and libraries
3.) more research
4.) survey development
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Yay Elaine! I'm so glad you're down here working with us!
ReplyDelete