Friday, January 23, 2009

Second Friday

Well, I survived my second week on internship but this whole working 8 hours a day thing is really getting to me, though I'm getting used to it. Assignments keep flooding in but that's what I need to build my site portfolio.

This morning I updated my internship blog to reflect on the work of the last couple of days; I didn't realize I had gotten so much done this week, it being a four-day week and all. Then, I picked up where I left off with yesterday's staff development training research; there's a lot of information out there on raising awareness of disabilities and guides for librarians to working with patrons with disabilities...which is exactly the information I have been seeking. I also began to put together a survey for our students with disabilities; I want to know what they need so we can develop a plan with detailed information and need analysis. I finished off the morning with fact sheet research for a couple of the databases we have acquired.

I spent the afternoon working on the fact sheets for ARTstor and some of the other databases. I ended up finishing the one for ARTstor and now have to edit it and make final adjystments before sending it to the Periodicals librarian for review.

Today's Accomplishments
1.) Updated the KURLPR blog
2.) Made more headway on the Staff Development research
3.) Worked on the fact sheet for ARTstor
4.) Began the preliminary development on the Assistive Technology survey

No comments:

Post a Comment