Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Oh, the newsletter

Today was not as diverse in the writing as yesterday, but I feel I got much needed work accomplished. In the morning, I continued my research on library users with disabilities and began to look more in-depth into the issues that patrons with disabilities face while using the library. I received responses and feedback from a couple of people who completed a survey I posted on discussion boards through Facebook and the American Foundation for the Blind website.

The Public Relations Committee meeting, for me, marked the first day of work on articles for the Electronic Resources & Periodicals department, so I continued researching the library's two large database purchases for this semester and found the database websites to be full of useful, notable information which I could use in my articles. It always amazes me what types of databases are out there and all of the information they contain.

The CMC Graduate Assistant also gave me a tour of the CMC, in order for me to learn where all of our materials are located so I can help students when they ask questions of me.

Today's Accomplishments
1.) first surveys received for staff training research
2.) beginnings of research on the new databases
3.) orientation to the Curriculum Materials Center

No comments:

Post a Comment