Well, I survived my first full week as a PR intern and am still going strong, though I wish I had worked yesterday; I have some major catching up to do this week to make up for the hours I missed because of MLK Day. I can do it, thought; it's just a matter of getting to it. But today was a productive day; I got a lot accomplished.
In the morning I began outlining the Web of Science press release that has to go out soon, since the database has been purchased for awhile. I have my questions prepared for my sources; I just have to set up meetings with them, or get responses from the e-mails I sent with the questions included in them. But there's no pressure yet, as far as I know. I also began the research for my Oxford Islamic Studies Center article. Since I have decided on a format and needed information for these articles, the subsequent ones are coming out a lot better and they are a lot easier to write as well.
My colleague and I also emptied the gift-filled water bottles from National Library Week 2008 in preparation for National Library Week '09 in April.
I also completed the first draft of the Oxford Islamic Studies Center article and completed the first edit.
I spent the afternoon working on the staff training information-gathering. My supervisor and I will be getting together sometime later this week to begin laying out the basics of the program. She has put me in charge of developing the program but will be helping me to schedule it and such. I am excited to really get started on this; it's my baby and my biggest project for the semester.
Tomorrow shall be interesting...I don't know what's on the schedule but there is never a dull moment around Rohrbach Library.
Stay tuned!
Today's Accomplishments
1.) headway on the Web of Science press release
2.) research for the Oxford Islamic Studies Center newsletter article
3.) emptied NLW water bottles to prepare for NLW '09
4.) completed the first draft of the Oxford Islamic Studies Center newsletter article
5.) made more headway on the staff training discussion and resources
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Take a deep breath!
ReplyDelete