Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Back-to-back and everything in between

Day two was MUCH better than day one. It could be that I had first day jitters and didn't sleep the night before. I had breakfast with the Periodicals staff when I arrived and enjoyed their company. Then, I completed the difficult task of leaving my comfort zone with them to return to my internship for the day's events. I worked on the library's book for a bit before the Library PR Committee meeting which was held from 10-10:50. Much was discussed regarding National Library Week, the library's book, discussion about whether to create a new books section of the library, among other things. The newsletter deadline was set for the beginning of February and possible article topics were discussed. The meeting was adjourned in enough time for me to get to my 11:00 ADA Task Force meeting which was held off-site.

After the ADA meeting, I had lunch with a couple of colleagues and ended up running into my site supervisor and the CMC's graduate assistant. One of my colleagues had made dessert, so we left lunch and the two of my colleagues who I had lunch with came to visit me in the office where I am interning. We had a good time. But then it was back to work.

I spent the next few hours working on the library's book, checking e-mail and such. This afternoon was cut short, however because I had to get to a Student Government Board meeting, but I had to run back to my room to pick up my supplies first. Tomorrow, I will be working hard to do a little catching up. It may seem like I didn't get much done, but I really accomplished a lot.

Today's accomplishments
1.) getting back into the swing of PR meetings
2.) doing some much needed work on the Library book

1 comment:

  1. Add this to today's accomplishments:
    Sharing a really awesome font/color book with everyone!

    I love that thing. Even though I'm not a designer, I might buy it! HA!

    ReplyDelete