Monday, March 16, 2009

What a couple of weeks!

WOW! It's amazing how fast time flies. Lately, my work has centered around the Staff Development training session "Techniques for Assisting Persons with Vision Impairments". So far, we have 17 people signed up for the session, so I went ahead and announced the session at last Thursday's University Senate meeting, in hopes of generating more interest. I have also put an announcement/advertisement in the Daily Brief and one of my colleagues has sent out an invitational e-mail to all university faculty and staff. I hope that I can get the last 13 seats filled before next Tuesday, but I am happy with the numbers the session has generated already. The handbook for the session is complete and has been sent over to the Print Shop on campus to be copied for the event. I will also be putting it on the P drive for the Library so our staff has access to it, if they wish to make copies, or for those who cannot attend the session but would like the information anyway. Next, I will be working on putting together a session evaluation form to assist in understanding attendees' reactions to and views of the session. I am working on scheduling a meeting with the Dean of the Library for this week to discuss the last few details of the session: if there's going to be food/drinks, what we're doing to thank Shelly for presenting, among other small details.

Since the news release for the Web of Science has been completed, we are now working on the plans for the reception and training session for that. Our student assistant has been working on designing the invitations for that, which will include some of my writing from the release.

National Library Week plans are underway and the next Public relations Committee meeting for the library is tomorrow, so more details will come afterward.

No comments:

Post a Comment