Wednesday was kind of an exciting day with a lot going on and a lot getting accomplished. I began my day by assisting the department Graduate Assistant with setting up for the party. One of our staff members is retiring soon so we put together a party, with a large poster filled with messages from other staff members written on cut out fish; it came out really nice. I have also been working on the final touches for Tuesday's staff development session, including getting things ready for our presenter, figuring out the food/gift situation and working on choosing flowers and a gift for our presenter. In addition, I received a couple of RSVPs for the event, so the attendance list is growing by the day, which is quite acceptable.
Because I had a ticket to see Barbara Walters at the Decision Makers Forum Q&A, my day in the office was cut short, but in the time I spent, I got a lot of work done.
On to Thursday! Thursday was quite a busy day which started with a meeting with the Dean of Library Services to finish the discussion regarding training on Tuesday. Right in the middle of our meeting, our presenter, my O&M instructor, called to verify dates, times, etc. and we ended up making plans to have lunch together on Tuesday before the presentation, which will be nice. I am truly looking forward to it. All of my hard work this semester on this event, my "baby" is actually beginning to pay off and I am really getting excited about the journey on which I am about to embark. I purchased the frame for the certificate which I will present to Shelly on Tuesday, and I completed the design and approval of the certificate; all that is left is to print it, sign it, and frame it. I also have to write the introduction for the event (Shouldn't be too hard, but how do you introduce someone as special as Shelly? I need to figure this out this weekend).
All in all, I'm having wonderful experiences and gaining valuable skills. More to come!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment