Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Catch Up

It's been a long week since the last post and I apologize for the lapse in detail. Lots has happened since last Tuesday. With the invention of digital photography, I have spent the last week putting together a report on the workshop, complete with photos, captions, and a scanned image of the attendance sign in sheet. After days upon days of editing, re-formatting, and all the other design- and writing-related steps to producing a report, I finally submitted the final copy to the Dean of Library Services, and sent it off to the Copy Center to have it professionally printed and bound. It should be ready to go tomorrow...if I'm lucky. I purchased two copies of the report: one for my own records and portfolio, and one for Shelly, so she has a clean, professional-looking copy.

Looking through the photos, and putting the session in writing, as really shown me how much work truly goes in to creating a successful, interesting event and I am all the better for having taken these steps. I understand that I have had help along the way, but i couldn't have done all that i have without some assistance.

Also, the Student Brief has been published and my database list has been published within; so it's very exciting.

Now that the major project of the semester is complete, we are moving toward final preparations for National Library Week, a time where the library celebrates its impact on the community. Every year, Rohrbach Library hosts the National Library Workers Day Luncheon on the Tuesday of NLW. This year, however, planning was much simpler, as we kept thorough records of the steps we took to create last year's event. So, the posters, flyers, information, and signage will all be the same as last year, except the theme. The theme this year is "Worlds Connect @ Your Library."

The book has been a slow-moving process. With the transition from an Information Commons concept of library service to a Learning Commons concept, many of our departments are changing, so it is not likely that the book will be published this semester, unfortunately. Although the histoey, up to this point, is complete, our patron profiles need to be finished, the department descriptions need editing, while two of the departments need to be removed from the listing, as they no longer exist under the Library.

In my free time, I have been compiling my internship portfolio, reflecting on all the work that I have done this semester, wondering how it could have all gone by so fast. It's hard to believe graduation is one month from tomorrow and that I will be finished with my internship in three weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment