Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Update!

I know it's been about two weeks since I last posted, but not much has been going on. Since the Workers Day Luncheon and National Library Week, my on-site work is pretty much completed and I'm spending the last week updating my site journal, job description and putting the finishing touches on my portfolio. The library was also visited by reviewers from the Association of American College and Research Libraries (ACRL) who met with various library faculty and staff members and my supervisor has been in and out of meetings for two days for this, so she hasn't been around.

I'm working on reproducing the database fact sheets for the Reference Department's summer bulletin board display but since our printer has not been working, I have been kind of stuck. But then today, I was invited to and attended a webinar for a new InterLibrary Loan system which should be up and running this summer and since I will be continuing to work for the library during graduate school, I needed the exposure and background for this system. I must say i got a lot out of it and am looking forward to working with the system as long as it's not a pain like some of the other systems we use.

The last week is going by very slowly but I am glad that I have this time to reflect on my experiences and to understand where I want this internship to take me!

No comments:

Post a Comment