The last few days have been kind of busy, especially with National Library Week being April 12-19 and National Library Workers Day being today, April 14th. Yesterday was the calm before the storm, but when I arrived in the office this morning, it was absolute chaos. My supervisor's youngest daughter was hospitalized last night because of a seizure. Not knowing this, when I went upstairs for breakfast, I was pulled in a million different directions, since I was the only one who knew where all of our things were.
So, we began to set up the tables and chairs in the Periodicals area when I realized that the gifts for our attendees had not been put together yet; the pens and pads were ties together with the ribbon but the pen/pad combos were not placed in their mugs with name tags yet. So, I ran down to the office, grabbed the supplies and headed up to get started.
I spent some time getting them ready when our Graduate Assistant arrived and she started to help out. We got everything done when we needed to and the food soon arrived. The tables were set with maroon tablecloths topped with table tents featuring quotes from the library's book and pictures of our patrons.
The Dean of Library Services offered opening remarks, presented the Library Committee with certificates, and introduced the Provost and Vice provost, among the other administrators who were present. The Library Committee approved the minutes from the March meeting and everyone enjoyed the food catered by AVI. Students had the opportunity to have their pictrue taken with the President, and I took my chance, having my picture not only taken with the President, but the Provosts and Dean of Library Services as well. The luncheon was well-attended and a lot of fun; it's always nice to see the other library student assistants, faculty, staff and university administrators gathering to celebrate the library.
The afternoon was a quiet one, especially after the hustle and bustle of the morning chaos. But the luncheon was done well and over before we knew it. Now, what am I going to do for the rest of the semester now that the luncheon is done, staff development is completed, and there's only a week left before finals? We shall see. I have a lot of catching up to do on paperwork and getting tickets for graduation but it's all coming together so nicely.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment